Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR List
It has literally taken me all day today to get this post together. I put some ARCs and non-ARCs on here. The ARCs are ones that are coming up in 2015 and the non-ARCs are ones I have been wanting to read and just haven’t had the time to read. So I plan on making time to read them!
• Sing Sweet Nightingale by Erica Cameron → I received an ARC of this one before it came out, but then I started getting sick and breaking out in hives, and I just didn’t get it read. I have since purchased the book and I am making time to read it in December. It will get read.
• Liars, Inc by Paula Stokes → I have an ARC of this one, I am so excited for it. It will only be my second book by Stokes and I just cannot wait to read it. I loved her first one, and while I understand this one is a lot different in style from that one, I am no less excited.
• Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard → Another ARC, I squeed and flailed when I got approved for this book. It sounds AMAZING, and I have been holding off on reading it. I didn’t want to read it too soon before the release date so I think reading it some time at the end of December or in January will be perfect.
• The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson → This is all Nikki’s fault. She’s a big Sanderson fan and she tweeted about another of his books being free on Kindle, so I read the synopsis of that one, was interested and snagged it. Well the past week or so she’s done nothing but talk about Mistborn and how awesome it is. So I borrowed it from the library and I am in love. I love it, so yeah definitely will be reading this one soon. Like shortly after I finish Mistborn.
• Will the Real Prince Charming Please Stand Up? by Ella Martin → I have been interested in this one for a while but I haven’t been able to read it because of financial reasons. (I get most of my books from the library and they just didn’t have this one.) But I won a paperback copy in a giveaway and I plan on reading it in December.
• The Gateway Through Which They Came by Heather Marie → I follow Heather on twitter and when she was promoting her book I thought it was sci-fi, so while I RT’d her tweets, I wasn’t really interested in her book. One day I decided to download the sample, and omg, it’s awesome. It’s NOT sci-fi, it’s dark fantasy, and I cannot wait to keep reading this book.
• Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White → Another book I’ve been wanting to read for a bit and just haven’t had the time to get to it.
• These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner → I’m not a huge sci-fi fan, part of that is because I just haven’t read a lot of the genre. I wasn’t a big dystopian fan until I started reading them. I’ve been looking for more sci-fi’s that I think I’d like and can help me get into the genre and from everything I’ve heard about this book, this is definitely one that can, and that’s the reason it is on my list.
• The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken → I have been wanting to read this book forever. I added it to the list of choices for my book club in hopes that I could get to read it for that, but alas, it escaped me again. However, it will get read, soon.
• The One by Kiera Cass → This is the last book in this series, at least for me. I know Cass is planning to write more, but I doubt I will read them. I enjoyed the first one a lot, I didn’t enjoy the second as much, and I have been putting off reading this one. So this one is more just to get it out of the way and off my plate.
And because I’m terrible at following rules, a bonus five. Four of these are from series that I either really love, or really enjoy, and just haven’t had the time to read the next books in. I have fallen so behind on three of them and it makes me sad.
• The Witch with No Name by Kim Harrison → This book is the last book in my absolute favorite series. I started reading it but I was having a hard time placing some things that had happened in the last book so I want to do a re-read. I plan on re-reading the entire series, and time willing, I plan to do that towards the end of the year.
• Black Dog by Caitlin Kittredge → I am so excited for a new series by Kittredge. I have read some of her other series and I loved it. Her writing is gritty and real, and ugh I am just excited for this book!
• Heart of Venom by Jennifer Estep → I love this series, female assassin. Come on, who wouldn’t love this? (Ok I have some minor issues with things but for the most part, this is an awesome series.)
• Cold Days by Jim Butcher → I have been putting off reading this one. I was floored when Skin Game came out, I didn’t realize that the release date for it was so close, and then today I saw there’s another one coming out in 2015. Cold Days came out around the time when two of my favorite series had let me down. They reached the point I felt that they’d long run their expiration date. However, this is Jim Butcher, I shouldn’t be worried that The Dresden Files is going to follow that course. I am going to get past that fear and read this book!
• Death’s Rival by Faith Hunter → I have tried unsuccessfully twice to read this book, I just wasn’t into it the last two times. I really want to give it another shot, I have really, really, really liked this series so far and I would hate for it to end for me here.
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The The Broke and Bookish.